To ensure an appropriate learning opportunity, candidates need to demonstrate a capacity to undertake study at Diploma level, this can be demonstrated via the following:
- Successful completion of Year 12 or the equivalent level of study
- Applicants must be aged 18 or above
- Participate in a Pre-training Review (PTR)
- Undertake a literacy and numeracy (LN) assessment to determine suitability for admission and identify support needs.
- Moderate level of computer literacy required
- Meet the entry criteria set by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council which states that all All students entering this course must demonstrate they have achieved the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) a specified level of English language skills, prior to commencing the course. For more information please refer to https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/registration-standards/english-language-skills.aspx
English Language Requirements
- English is the students primary language: supported by evidence of completion of at least six (6) years of primary and secondary education taught and assessed in English in one of the recognised countries*, OR
- English is NOT the students primary language: The student has achieve the required minimum scores in one of the following English language tests:
- IELTS (academic module) with a minimum overall score of 7 and a minimum score of 7 in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking), OR
- Evidence of OET with a minimum score of B in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking), OR
- Evidence of PTE Academic with a minimum overall score of 65 and a minimum score of 65 in each of the four communicative skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking), OR
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum total score of 94 and the following minimum score in each section of the test: 24 for listening, 24 for reading, 27 for writing, and 23 for speaking.
*Recognised country means one of the following: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States of America
Additional requirements upon course commencement / prior to industry work placement:
A National Police Check (NPC)
A Working with Children Check (WWCC)
Vaccinations which can include COVID, hepatitis A and B, and influenza
An NDIS Worker Check (NDISWC)
Any additional evidence your work placement provider requires
Note: If a student has a Disclosable Court Outcome registered against their name, we are unable to assist with placement as an industry will not accept students without a clear record. This requirement is not negotiable. Please note, in Victoria, this includes any offence that may have occurred up to 10 years ago and will show offences that state they are “without conviction”.