To ensure an appropriate learning opportunity, candidates need to demonstrate a capacity to undertake study at a Certificate III to Diploma, this can be demonstrated via the following:
- Successful completion of CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Aged 18 years or above, and
- Minimum English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent. Candidates originating from student visa assessment levels 1 and 2 without the required IELTS score can undertake Language, Literacy and Numeracy Indicator Test (against the ACSF).
- Moderate level of computer literacy required
- Evidence of full COVID-19 immunisation with the TGA approved vaccine
- Be physically fit, enjoy being with children, have patience, understanding, energy, adaptability and a willingness to take responsibility
Additional requirements upon course commencement / prior to industry work placement:
- A National Police Check (NPC)
- A Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Vaccinations which can include COVID, hepatitis A and B, and influenza
- Any additional evidence your work placement provider requires
- Hold or undertake (SA ONLY):
- Disability services employment screening
- Vulnerable person-related employment screening
- Aged care sector employment screening
Note: If a student has a Disclosable Court Outcome registered against their name, we are unable to assist with placement as an industry will not accept students without a clear record. This requirement is not negotiable. Please note, in Victoria, this includes any offence that may have occurred up to 10 years ago and will show offences that state they are “without conviction”.